Thursday 2 December 2010

Paris and I ~ 'Are You Reading Me?'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Are You Reading Me? ~


Are You Reading Me?, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


Received wisdom would have it that there's only one characterful English language bookshop worth spending the time of day in.

And while it's certainly true that that one is worth spending the time of day in, it's not the only characterful English language bookshop in Paris, of which this one is another example.

The Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes get a grudging nod of respect, but pride of place is certainly for the proprietor's motherland I presume, whose national symbol we can see fluttering proudly here in the late afternoon Paris breeze.

I haven't talked to the owner yet, whom we can see here, I believe, tending to his wares, but I'll introduce myself soon, and bring you a full report on this marvelous little literary haven on the left bank. Syrup and pancakes, anyone?


___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2010
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Anxious for this full report on the Canadian bookshop in Paris. I have this thought that this shop is near Rue Des Ecoles where Breakfast in America is located. Only in France can they rival home made pancakes.

The Armchair Parisian said...

I love the mood of this shot. I was, however, a little thown by the pancake inquiry...order me a café crème...?

The Armchair Parisian said...

Oh - maple syrup...Canadian... duh... Clearly I need that café crème....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...