Monday 19 July 2010

Boat On The River


Boat On The River, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

'Take me back to my boat on the river' sang Styx a long time ago now
and since then i've often had reason to appreciate the gentle flow of
a peaceful stretch of water.

i even lived on a barge on the Seine for a year, where the scene from
my window looked like a Renoir so i speak from experience!

This was taken right in the middle of Paris, probably from Pont Neuf
looking towards Pont des Arts at sunset, and taking me back to river
days gone by.

Look, i've even found an old poem or two...

www.parissetmefree.com/poetry/1997/rush_hour.htm

www.parissetmefree.com/poetry/2000/back_to_the_river.htm

www.parissetmefree.com/poetry/2005/bridge_girl.htm

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I'
photo blog)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely pic! Can't wait to get back to Paris this October. If only I could syat forever (sigh).

Sab said...

Hi there and thanks for the comment. It was a lovely scene to be sure. Looking at your blog, there are some more lovely edibile scenes there too!

Evelyn said...

I'm amazed at what you can capture with your iPhone! This is beautiful. Are you able to enlarge these photos or otherwise work with them?

Sab said...

Hi Evelyn, thanks for the comment. The pic is originally about 2000 pixels across but I don't put that size on the blog - it wouldn't fit!
I myself was amazed what you could do with a simple camera phone, and then when I started playing around with them I was even more amazed :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...