Thursday 8 July 2010

Bjork, Eat Your Heart Out

The ad in my local Paris train station reads 'Yesterday, in Iceland', and shows a breath-taking scene of towering walls of ice surrounding an eerily placid lake or sea, with a lone kayaker peacefully paddling through it all. Serenity on a grand scale indeed.

The follow-up text informs us that 'L'Islande est plus vivante que jamais' (Iceland is livelier than ever) and that this is the ideal moment to discover it.

Perhaps because planes are not currently grounded across the best part of Europe, the Middle East and North America...

i can't help but wonder how much reflection went into the line 'L'Islande est plus vivante que jamais', given the utter chaos and misery recently caused by one of its liveliest and most notorious inhabitants, a fiery chick who goes by the catchy name of Eyjafjallajökull (Bjork eat your heart out).

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I' photo blog)

2 comments:

Evelyn said...

Sab...thanks for directing me to your other blog! If you can do such creative things with your iphone, guess I have to quit whining that I only have a Canon Powershot SX100IS! I love the grittiness and real-time quality of your images.

Sab said...

Hi Again Evelyn,
Glad you like the iPhone blog. And yes, you can do great things with a lens not much bigger than a pinhead! And I give myself to sound off a bit too into the bargain! See you shortly,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...