Monday 23 July 2012

Parc Punch and Judy


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Parc Punch and Judy ~


Parc Punch and Judy, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Very few, if it's even more than one, of the Paris parks have a puppet theatre - les guignols as they call them in French.

This one's a pretty serious affair, with a proper building and a ticket office and everything. I remember that these things would spring up more or less spontaneously in my local park in a funny little hut, Punch would smack the hell out of Judy - or was it the other way round? - for about 20 miinutes and the children, sat cross-legged on the grass would be enthralled.

I haven't been inside this one, but it may well be on the cards, if I can be bothered queuing and I might, with a two-and-a-half coming on three-year-old in tow.

The Parc Montsouris excels in kids entertainment, with the puppet show, poney rides, roundabouts, playgrounds, a beautiful lake with ducks and geese and swans and big grassy areas you can Actually Sit On. And ice cream. And coffee and beer for the adults. And a toffee-nosed restaurant. And a ton of curiosities which I did a Google Maps based quiz on for you here.

I should do some more - I've got the material - and people seem to like them, even on the other side of the world, it's almost like you were here, honest! It's either gonna be Parc Monceau or the Tuileries I reckon, or maybe Jardin de Luxembourg or Parc des Buttes Chaumont... But then again what about the Parc de Bercy and the Parc André Citroën, or the Jardin des Plantes and the Champs des Mars...

So much choice, so little time; the story of my Paris life. See you after the show for the next installment.


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...