Sunday 1 January 2012

Fixing A Hole


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Fixing A Hole ~


Fixing A Hole, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

2011 seems to me to have been rather a scrappy, leaky, neither here nor there year, and yet in truth I've achieved a fair bit. I won't bore you with what that might be; if there's anything you're aware of from my efforts, consider it that.

As for new year's resolutions, I'm a past master at making and breaking them, so there's another thing I won't burden you with.

Those of you used to my irreverence won't be surprised when I say that even the cute idea of a year 'starting' (or finishing) on a given arbitrary date, whatever culture you live in (and it varies of course) always strikes me as somewhat ludicrous.

Almost as ludicrous as imagining any other species apart from ours (lions or cows, say) trading large quantities of assorted antelope body parts or part ruminated grass (respectively) for breast (or udder) implants. Gary Larson's 'Far Side' gets it dead right; what will we crazy humans dream up next?

The concept of a 'year' itself does seem to have some general validity for most of us here on earth though, whatever other wacky ideas we might have.

And it's probably useful to have these regular markers to allow us to take stock, and get back on course if need be. I'm not against it, as I'm not against any of these harmless social structures which help us to organise our lives.

I do reserve the right not to 'go crazy' at 'my' local midnight on the 31st of December in any given winter as though 'something' had actually happened or changed, which probably makes me an exceedingly boring person in many people's eyes, but there you go. I do 'go crazy' at other things though, undoubtedly just as meaningless (or exceptionally important if you prefer) as midnight at the end of relatively recent Decembers.

So to summarise, if you've made it this far, I'll be doing a lot more of this, and a fair amount less of that in 2012, and I recommend you do too. With wishes of success for you in your endeavours.

But don't worry if you've already broken this year's resolutions; remember: the next 365 days of your life 'always' starts tomorrow. And in the end, what you do tomorrow is irrelevant; it's what you do today that counts.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...