Saturday 7 January 2012

Sunshine In My Stomach


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Sunshine In My Stomach ~


Sunshine In My Stomach, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Even the fishing cat’s deserted his eponymous street tonight with weather like this, people scuttling like rats under the gloomsomely precipitating Parisian sky.

Tourist there are still, although not so many, and of those hardly a one who seems much impressed by this particular aspect of the French capital: rain, and lots of it at this season.

Me, I like the stuff. I seem to be made for scurrying through the Parisian streets, wrapped up, preferably, but quite at home under all sorts of weather conditions; it must be the Brit in me.

The other day – was it yesterday? – I told you about what is purported to be the narrowest house in Paris, a few blocks down the left bank from here. Today, I can show you what some claim to be the narrowest street.

Some of us know better, but let’s put it this way: it’s narrow. Goes down the side of what used to be my favourite crazy Greek restaurant when I was marrying Greeks and suchlike. Now it’s some horrendously kitch neon-lit club-bar-thing. Yuk. Bring back the joyful jumble of Phoenician paraphernalia and table-eating waiters… you had to be there.

Now graffiti artists seem to be enjoying decorating this place and they’ve done a pretty good job of it. Nemo especially always seems to produce things we can interact with in a non-threatening, almost benevolent way. Like offering an umbrella on a right old rainy day.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...