Friday 6 January 2012

The City Seethes


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ The City Seethes ~


The City Seethes, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

The Rue Saint-Jacques, around 8 pm on a chilly early winter evening.

Who said Paris doesn’t breathe? Or maybe ooze would be a better term. And with the help of my special alternative reality filter (which I fit to all my cameras) we can sometimes peek into the other side of the city.

Right next to the rather spooky Saint-Severin church, and I’ve always found even the name, Severin, to be rather sinister, there was one of those strange contraptions spouting smoke or something right in the middle of the pavement without any indication as to why or wherefore.

This seemed to be associated with a seeping of simmering water which logically found the gutter and proceeded to run off down hill towards the Seine, a-steaming nicely as it went.

Here you see what I ended up making of it, and as you can see, my visual interpretation is a lot prettier than my verbal one. Sometimes only a picture will do, and I think this is one of them.

_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...