Thursday 23 August 2012

Sanguine Sepia


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Sanguine Sepia ~

Sanguine Sepia by Paris Set Me Free
Sanguine Sepia, a photo by Paris Set Me Free on Flickr.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

This reminds me of the vandalised Dali sundial on Rue Saint-Jacques which I featured recently in my Paris Sundials feature over on Paris If You Please.

Some moron has thrown some red paint at Dali's masterpiece and the ink has contoured the eye and run down the cheek. Pretty much as has happened here although in this case it might be deliberate on the part of the artist for all I know (I didn't look closely enough at the time of taking the pic, and even if I had it could still be on the part of the artist)...

Here the bloody addition fits in pretty well, right down to the gruesome trail of gore on the sidewalk, just like some sort of drive-by shooting, yikes.

I'm pleased with the treatment, which has rendered the scene in uneasy shades of sickly sepia apart from the face and the facial damage. 'Graffito gouged', I almost expect the papers to be screaming tomorrow morning.

If this is 'creative vandalism' it's a sight better than the mindless smashing of Gregos' wall faces, for example, which is why I'm hesitating to actually put my versions of his plaster masks up in the streets. Anyway, I'm rambling, so I'll ramble on and see you the morrow. Or one of these days.


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...