Wednesday 9 February 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Things Are Looking Down'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Carriage Short of a Full Train ~


Things Are Looking Down, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


The Doors sang 'People Are Strange', and that's true, but sometimes I think Paris Is Stranger. If you let it be.

It's all a question of opening your mind, and seeing past the cruel tourist clichés like the Eiffel Tower and Sacré Coeur, which dazzle us, sure, but also snow-blind us to all the more modest delights around any street corner.

One of my principles when I'm walking around is to look up a lot because, as experience has taught me, you never know what might be looking down...

People probably take me for a nutter as I wander around craning my neck, or as someone from a jokey TV programme who gets about 50 other people looking up too and then walks off.

I'll put some recent 'looking up' shots here tomorrow, but right now I'm looking down at my bed with longing! If you see a handful of 'up-in-the-air' pictures below as you read this you'll know it's tomorrow; and if there's nothing there yet... Sweet Dreams R Me!

[And here they are! Lamp posts turned out to be a recurring theme... click for big ones, if you see what I mean]
_____________________________________________________________________________
Special One-Off Paris and I Featurette: Things Are Looking Up!





___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...