Thursday 3 February 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Little Boxes All The Same'

iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Little Boxes All The Same ~



"There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one
And they're all made out of ticky-tacky
And they all look just the same."
(from 'Little Boxes' by Malvina Reynolds)
(better known Pete Seeger version)

Or for my (slightly) younger readers:

"Am I living in a box
Am I living in a cardboard box
Am I living in a box, etc."
(from 'Living In A Box' by Living In A Box)

There's a guy in Paris, or there was, who made his living out of putting people into boxes, and he posthumously invited me to his place this weekend.

There's a perturbing purity in walking around Le Corbusier's place in the 16th. His rooms are little boxes indeed, but there's something calming, almost church-like, in entering this antrum of austerity, donning the surgical footwear, and wandering, silently or speaking in hushed tones through this temple of its times.

And as a total square freak, you can imagine I was enchanted. And reverent. Long live the cossetting carré, and may you too be boxed in from time to time.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...