Thursday 17 February 2011

Paris and I ~ 'Line Drawing'


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Line Drawing ~


Line Drawing, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


This was taken out of a window in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris, 4th floor, looking out on what was a pretty unremarkable view, or so it at first seemed.

And to make matters worse, from a photographic point of view, the café/bistro place which until about 5 seconds before I took this had been animated by some cheerful red neon lights, decided to turn them off, throwing the scene into morbid monotonous gloom.

However, thanks to some sly Sabotage I've pulled this smoldering ember from the seemingly soggy ashes... oh boy, I'll have to work on my metaphors, these are really pushing it.

The event was a book signing for a friend of mine, Priscilla Lalisse-Jespersen's latest book, called Next of Kin, which is a heart-rending but life-affirming tale of loss and love. She told me that it's not a book she's going to promote heavily - but more one she just had to get out there, and given the subject matter, that's understandable.

Prissy... you're a good 'un and it was a pleasure to see you this evening. This photo is dedicated to you in memory of your book signing - I hope you like it! I'll treasure mine.

___________________________________________________________________________________
© 2011
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

2 comments:

Prissy said...

Lovely! Many, many thanks my friend!

Sab said...

No problem Prissy - see you again soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...