Saturday 28 April 2012

One Hand Dancing


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ One Hand Dancing ~


One Hand Dancing, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.


BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Parisian soirées are really something special, and I go to far too few.

Yesterday, though, as you'll have guessed, was an exception. Sometimes these things are paying, sometimes free, and sometimes voluntary, as was the case here.

Now, I'm not talking about a casual get-together with friends, although I was with friends. Here, I'm talking about a very popular type of event where there is a 'speaker', who will generally have done something 'significant', such as written a book, taken photos somewhere exotic, or 'simply' led a fascinating life, as was the case here.

Not quite true about the 'simply' led a fascinating life part, because all these meetings with the likes of Fidel Castro, Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir, Ingmar Bergman, Woody Allen, Picasso, Che Guevara... came about primarily through her work as a journalist. It was the stories she told about them which were the draw of the evening however, and great they were too.

You can get a real taste for them by visiting this blog post from Kaaren, one of the hosts, the hostess, in fact, which basically covers the whole thing.

At one point in the evening, as Edith Sorel's charming and pleasantly French-tinged tones lapped over me, I found myself fascinated by the dancing silhouette of her elegant hand which was conducting the rhythm of her discourse as surely as any orchestra maestro's. The other puffed on an electronic cigarette like Johnny Depp in The Tourist.

This symbolic photo will now immortalise the evening for me and whenever I see it I'll remember how delightful a Parisian soirée can be - my goodness, how many must she have been too... - and how lucky I was to be invited. Thanks Kaaren, Richard, Edith and your dancing hand.


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...