Sunday 29 April 2012

Ghost Trains & Other Diversions


Paris iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Ghost Trains & Other Diversions ~



BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Prepare for a series of fuzzies to blur before your bleary eyes. I've developed this worrying habit of getting up at some ridiculous hour like 5am and needing to hit the plastic (keys) while everyone else is still flattening feathers or foam.

This wouldn't be quite so bad if it weren't for the wonders of the Parisian transport system meaning that often enough I don't actually get into bed before one or two in the morning, as was the case the day I took this pic.

Here we are resignedly waiting for the latest announcement about cancelled trains and late night diversions... This time I had to take a bus, of all things, from Gare Austerlitz to Saint-Germain lès Arpajon, finally arriving home at about two in the morning. It was hardly worth my going to bed, methoughts, but I just about did get four hours kip or so.

The draw of the screen and the warm caffeine has become worryingly insistent of late, and I fear I may have some sort of addiction, one of those strange modern ones, you know, like video gaming or macaroon munching.

Oh, and tallking of food, have you heard of the latest McDonald's initiative: the McBaguette (hot on the heels of the McCafé). Oh yeah... more on that story as it breaks, you can rest assured of that.

Anyway, from one platform to another, I'll leave you here, hoping your trains are more reliable than mine, be they thought or transport-based. Good morning!

P.S. In my delirium I realise that this shot isn't actually late at night at all, because that white square you can see is yer good old day-light, this being an RER station out in the open, but you got my point hopefully. More coffee, more coffee, and NOW... and matchsticks...


And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...