Saturday 25 February 2012

You Are Here


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ You Are Here ~


You Are Here, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Where do you think this is then?

You know, when I first saw it, it made me think uncannily of the upside down Louvre pyramid which, of course, it isn't. I wanted to find a picture I'd taken for Paris & I to prove my point, but unfortunately my effort was so searingly artistic (right?) that it didn't actually resemble this much at all (but it does in reality, honest).

So anyway, what is it, if it isn't an upside down pyramid, or triangle at least? Well, we're actually looking down onto a grid of flat screen monitors showing a composite Google Maps image of the city of Paris. It's part of an exhibition at the Pavillon de l'Arsenal at the Bastille showing the evolution of the urban landscape over the centuries. It also devotes a lot of space to the imagined or planned Grand Paris of the near future and is quite an eye-opener.

If anything, there's information overkill - this thing is DENSE - and the Google Maps thing is a bit of a gimmick, but I shouldn't really complain for having too much choice, now should I? That would be wingeing pom territory, and I wouldn't want to go there.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...