Monday 20 February 2012

Life, The Universe & Everything


iPhone Photo Chronicles
~ Life, The Universe & Everything ~

BONUS: For Street Photography Fans!

facebook.com/streetphotographysecrets

Back in my student days I think it was, there was a radio and then a TV show and somewhere around then the scripts and books came out and so on and they were called the "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe".

And in one of those programmes the not insignificant revelation was shared with us, and it was the answer to life, the universe and everything.

And the answer is 42.

This seemed pretty cool at the time; concise, elegant and fairly easy to remember.

Now that time has gone by, along with the years, including the year I was 42, I am able to reassess this fundamental (if admittedly humorous) conclusion.

And you know what? It still pretty much holds up!

Given the alternatives for the answer to what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything being, most probably, "There isn't one", or far less probably "There is one and I just happen to know it so you'd better listen to me and preferably give me all your money", I think I'll take 6x7...

Paris is in on the act with a little twist to the tale: perhaps there's something more to add to the classic if symbolic and tongue-in-cheek '42'.

Maybe there's more to it than that. Maybe we can create our own meaning. Maybe there's a '42 Bis', as the walls of Paris are hinting. That suits me fine too.



And why not...
_________________________________________________________________________________
© 2012 
Sab Will / Paris Set Me Free - Contact me directly for photo tours, interviews, exhibitions, etc.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...