Tuesday 8 June 2010

Getcha Entrails Out



Getcha Entrails Out, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

Pompidou Centre eat your guts out! This extremely strange little
building along one of the train lines going north out of Paris always
intrigues me, and i've been trying to get a great shot of it for a
while now. This isn't quite the one yet, but it'll do.

The weird thing is, from the front it just looks like any other normal
building. i'm including a picture of the facade here to prove my point:


Now how spooky is that? Theories? Maybe it used to be a bakery or a
launderette and all bakeries or launderettes look like this from
behind - i just don't know. But one thing is sure: 37, avenue Corentin
Cariou is not all it seems...

- By the way, I checked to see if I could find what this place actually is, apart from just downright weird, and found that is is, or at least was, a Japanese restaurant called Matsuba. Quite why they need all those pipes is still a mystery to me.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I'
photo blog)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...