Wednesday 26 May 2010

Open Sesame


Open Sesame, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

Ahh, so sweet to rediscover my good old friend, my Paris pal, my metro
matey, my... well, you get the idea. After one (whole) month without
my trusty 'Pass Navigo' - the modern version of the even gooder older
Carte Orange for nostalgists - i was getting severe withdrawal symptoms.

Due to the vagueries of life i spent April passless, juggling between
lifts and single tickets and turnstyle-jumping and all manner of
indignities...

So it is with great pleasure that i refind myself a true 'Parigot',
nonchalently waggling his monthly sesame-opener in the general
direction of the sensors (one doesn't touch, nous) and arrogantly
striding through, the half-downturned mouth corner the only hint to my
self-professed superiority. The sickening, self-confident, slimy
arrogance of the monthly metro Navigo pass holder.

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I'
photo blog)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...