Tuesday 13 April 2010

Lend Me Your Lungs


Lend Me Your Lungs, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.

Nothing particularly spectacular about this shot, you may be saying,
and you'd probably be right. Except for one thing. There is very
little chance you will ever see this statue however much you wander
around the city.

The reason? Because this shot was taken from a moving car zooming
around the 'périphérique' (the nasty Paris ring road) in the
Gentilly / Stade Charlety area, although if you happened to be
strolling through a south Parisian cemetary i grant you you might
glimpse this stoney couple with probably one of the unhealthiest views
in Paris.

You'd need lungs of concrete to cope with all that pollution...

(A Paris iPhone street photograph by Sab Will for the 'Paris and I'
photo blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, I was just yesterday cruising along the périphérique and spotted the very same statue. Such a shame it's hidden away peering over the fence between Gentilly and Montrogue.

Sab said...

It's funny you should post that, Grande, I was just talking to my neighbour and I think I seriously underestimated my audience. I showed her the pic and she said, (in French) oh yeah, I go past that every day, just next to Stade Charlety...

Well, 'I' thought it was pretty hard to get anyway!! Thanks for commenting ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...