Thursday 11 February 2010

Crap Stats


Crap Stats, originally uploaded by Paris Set Me Free.
i've already sounded off about this unhappy woman in my local park
(park Montsouris in the 14th arrondissement), callously suggesting
that she could be the crappiest statue in Paris. i'm now forced to
modify that judgement: i'm now Absolutely Convinced that my first
impression was correct!

Bizarre proportions, careless finish and, let's face it, she's no
Rodin either. And, quite honestly, i'd far rather she'd kept her
clothes firmly on...

To my credit, i reckon, i looked for an inscription of some sort to
explain this affront to my sensibilities. Some words were illegible
and some others mention 'les Hellenes de Paris' but i can't be
bothered finding out what that's about.

Funnily enough, a friend tried to defend 'Helen' by evoking an attempt
to reproduce the 'pseudo-naïve realism' of (get this)... Rodin!!! But
then he suggested, rather childishly i feel, that the real reason i
don't like her is because she's got small tits... I mean, honestly, do
i really come across as that shallow..?

(Sabbondamoov)

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I know this naked lady 'cause I've snapped her too. Maybe we've passed one another in the park ... because it's my local park too. And no, I'm not the little old lady walking her Westie every morning at 11.

Sab said...

Oohhh, you must be the Westie who walks that little old lady every morning at 11 then.. you know your lead nearly tripped me up the other day? Do try to look left and right before heading directly across the path to sniff at an interesting looking dog turd you've just spotted. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...